June 7, 2011

Welcome to the Team: Alanna Carter

Alanna Carter, Assoc. AIA, LEED AP, recently joined Mohagen/Hansen Architectural Group as the Director of Senior Living.

She brings a passion for creating environments that promote dignity and a sense of well being for the aging population. Her approach to design and meeting client goals is based on an innate desire to create the best environment to serve the end user, while understanding the need for the building to be designed efficiently.

Alanna is the Founder and current President of the Minnesota Chapter of SAGE – the Society for the Advancement of Gerontological Environments. She is a graduate of the University of Minnesota with a B.S. in Architecture and minors in Construction Management and Interior Design.

In the near future you will hear more from Alanna as she will have an article published in the June 2011 issue of Minnesota Physician Magazine, and the July 2011 Issue of Minnesota Health Care Magazine. She will also be a presenter for the Aging Services of Minnesota education series later this month.


Get to Know Alanna...
Last Book You Read? The Help - I loved the character Minny.

Favorite Activity When You Are Not At Work? Playing with my kids and watching them grow into amazing little people.

Who inspires you? All the women and men who came before me and pushed for equality in this country to make my career path, and life easier.

If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? My grandma Nellie. She is the person in my life who has fueled my passion for creating better environments for all seniors. She passed away from Alzheimer’s disease when I was 20 years old. I just wish she could see how much of an inspiration she has been to the work that I do.

What do you love most about your job? The fact I get to design buildings/spaces that will positively impact the life of someone who is rarely allowed a voice when they move into an Assisted Living or Skilled Nursing setting. I get to design spaces for people to LIVE in until they die, instead of a space where they are waiting to die.
You can reach Alanna at 952.426.7419 or acarter@mohagenhansen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment